Jen Air - Jenn Air Down Draft

Seattle, Washington 1 comment

Another meal ruined by Jenn-Air.We have a gas range/electric stove, model SVD48600.

It has never worked right. We have already replaced the front panel three times. The problem with this design appears that the heat from the stove cooks the electrical panel. This causes my oven to lock up and shutdown.

The door locks and we can't even pull our partially cooked food from the oven. This seems like a safety hazard. When you think of your dream home, you imagine your whole family over for Thanksgiving dinner. Every month I write a check to the mortgage company for a home I can't even cook a frozen pizza in, much less a turkey.

If I can give you any advice, never design a kitchen with a down draft range. You will avoid many ruined meals and family fights. If you do not believe me, google jenn air reviews.

You will find countless angry consumers.And those are just the ones who took time to complain.

Comments

My 2008 Jennair dual fuel range has had the touch-pad replaced FOUR times! The first three times were before the warranty was out; Number 3 was installed on the very last day of the warranty... 4 months later it stopped working again! I had to pay over $500 to replace it!

I thought Jennair was a reputable brand, but they only have a 90 day warrantee on parts; they don't stand behind their products any more than the cheapest brands. I'm stuck with this beautiful, disfunctional, $2500 piece of junk!

I'm so disappointed- I designed my kitchen around this down-draft convection oven with gas top... It allowed the stove to be in the granite island--and I can't find any other brand with down-draft venting! Jennair's poor quality will cost me at least a couple of thousand dollars to re-configure my kitchen, plus the cost of a new stove.

Bottom line: I WON'T BUY FROM JENNAIR!

Jen Air - Appliance dissatisfaction

Albany, New York 2 comments

We purchased a Jenn-air range about a month ago because it stopped working and could not be repaired.We set up delivery for today (5-18-12) and we got a call last evening saying they would be here between 2:30 and 4:30.

I got a call this morning and they told me that there was a change in our delivery time and to call this number. I called and they said that the range was defective and they will order another one and we will have it by JUNE 1st. After we rushed around hiring contractors to install new gas and electric to the location of he range is really frustrating. I called and got a manager and he said I understand how you feel so we can waive the deliver and installation charge (big deal).

My problem is what the heck an I supposed to do with no stove for another 2 weeks. I can't believe a store as large as Sears can not find another range for 2 weeks.

Well, I have learned my lesson: fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!!NEVER AGAIN.

Comments

hollins1

THIS IS WHAT TO EXPECT,WHEN YOU SHOP AT SEAR'S.SEAR'S NEVER HAS BEEN A FAVOR OF MINE.THIS IS WHY.I CUT UP MY SEAR'S CREDIT CARD ALONG TIME AGO.PLUS THEY HAVE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.*** WHO?NEED'S (4) DIFFERENT INSURANCE DISABILITY CHARGE'S ADDED TO THEIR ACCOUNT WITHOUT REQUESTING THE INSURANCE BE PLACED ON THEIR ACCOUNT.SEAR'S IS A TOTAL RIP OFF.WTF.COME ON NOW.AND WHEN I TELEPHONED CUSTOMER SERVICE TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE DISABILITY INSURANCE THE LADY WAS SO RUDE.DOWN WITH SEAR'S

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Jenn-Air.I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your appliance.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via e-mail at JennAir_Digital@JennAir.com please include your full name, user name, physical address, along with the model and serial number of the appliance you are having concerns with.

Please also include what site we contacted you on for our records.Thanks

Jen Air - Jenn Air Gas Downdraft Cook Top

Waterford Township, Michigan 1 comment

Dated; March 24, 2011.I bought a Jenn Air model jgd8430adb gas downdraft cook top from Lowes with an extended protection plan April 21, 2009.

The enamel on the grates near the tips began blistering and falling off, leaving the bare cast metal exposed. I contacted Lowes and they sent out a repair man which stated it was cosmetic and not covered. I then contacted Jenn Air customer service and was told the same from them. They offered to price out replacement grates at my expense.

$1200 and less than 2 years old and the grates are falling apart?!Stay away from Jenn Air and their failure to stand behind their products!!!

Comments

WP2008

I am a Jenn-Air employee and apologize for the issue you’re having with your range. I have looked into your issue and a Jenn-Air representative will be contacting you shortly.

Jen Air - Jen-Air *** service

Worcester, Massachusetts 0 comments

My parent bought a top of the line jen-air microwave/convention oven for a bit under 600.oo the first day we tryed using it the bulb blew out and fell out of the socket, Wilsons came up and replaced it promptly and were the upmost in profesionalisum 13 months later the door latch feel apart rendering the microwave usless.a call to wilsons yeilded frustration on there part as the parts would take nearly six to eight weeks to get here.

when they did get here Jen-air sent all the wrong parts. wilsons reordered the correct parts only to be told it would be another eight weeks to get them and that was ten weeks ago.

wilsons has been great.Jen air needs to get its colletive head out of its *** and get the parts sent in a timly maner, i sapect that were are not the only ones who suffer at Jen airs incompatents.

Review about: Microwave Oven.